Monday, April 8, 2013

Blessings in my painting class

In the last few weeks my heart has been drawn back to the people of Haiti. Last term I fulfilled a goal that had gathered dust in the back of my mind. After traveling to Haiti in 2010 I returned with many pictures of beautiful children. I wanted to paint portraits of these children. 9 wks of class produced 5 paintings and at my final critique my instructor asked me when are you going back to Haiti. I replied I don’t know if I ever will. To which she responded you should consider it I can tell by your painting your heart is drawn to these people. Last Thursday I received an Email from Hearts a fire telling of an opening on the July 2013 team due to a cancellation.  My heart is tugged but I push the thought away because a louder voice of reason is saying “you don’t have the money to go.” Two days later I'm on FB when I get a message from one of the young Haitian men who helped with translation while I was on the Medical team. At the end of our usual interchange of how are you etc. he asked me when are you coming back to Haiti? I responded I have no plans unless God plans. To which he responded “ I will pray” . As I look at the paintings I remember how God blessed me through the opportunity to serve others.


 



 


 


 



2 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you.
    Thank you for investing in parents by blogging about your experiences on Life is Full of Blessings, and sharing your faith openly.

    Please know how incredible this is. And be encouraged to keep going.

    I hope and pray that even more Christian parents (as well as non-Christian parents looking for answers) will find your blog and will be inspired by your experiences, solutions and struggles.

    We recognize that these are incredible times to live in, where technology allows parents around the world to encourage each other. As for ourselves, we use technology to reach out to children globally.

    We’re developing the world’s first videogame that takes kids through the Bible from beginning to end. Our hope is to increase the love for God’s Word amongst kids.

    We dream to see fathers and sons going through the Bible together, having fun as they become part of David’s army, spend time in the fish as Jonah, and play level after level, leading up to Jesus’ death and resurrection.

    Our prayer is that after kids finish the game, they will have an awe of God, and a deep love of the Bible; eager to read it for themselves. We believe that kids can read the Bible, no matter their age (as long as the translation fits their reading level, of course :D ).

    In order to steward this immense project well, we’re building relationships with parents like you. We like to ask your input by allowing you to look behind the scenes, have your kids play demo game levels before they go public, etc. You may also recommend a few people you think would be of interest.

    Additionally, we can provide you with plenty of interesting “blog-food” (concept art, images, etc) if you feel that this could benefit your subscribers.

    If you’d like more information, shoot me a quick reply to the email address below.

    Ruben
    Reply to: connect (at) tornadotwins (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting, Rebekah! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you could email me about a question I have regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete